var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-29521186-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
Car Shipping Guidelines for Safe Vehicle Transport
- Your vehicle must be operational.
- You must advise us of any modifications made to your vehicle such as 4*4 lift kit, camper shell, lowered vehicle, etc.
- Your vehicle must not exceed 7’ in height.
- Your vehicle must have a minimum of 4” ground clearance to safely load and unload your vehicle.
- We must have a working phone number where you and/or your representative may be reached throughout the duration of your vehicle transport.
- Transit times will vary depending on the time of year and the origination and destination of your particular move. Your estimated transit time will be indicated on your quote and order confirmation documents.
Preparing Your Car for Shipment
- The vehicle must have no obvious fluid leaks.
- Your battery must be secure in the mounting bracket.
- The vehicle must be clean for inspection. A dirty vehicle decreases the ability to perform a quality inspection.
- The gas tank must have a minimum of (1/8) tank of fuel, but no more than (1/4) tank of fuel.
- All alarm systems must be turned off, disabled or disconnected.
- Antennas must be fully removed or retracted.
- All personal items must be removed. (except standard vehicle items, i.e. a jack or spare tire).
- All exterior tire covers, grill covers, or car covers must be removed.
- Plants and hazardous materials are forbidden by law to be transported.
- One set of ALL keys for the vehicle must be provided.
- One set of ALL keys for the vehicle must be provided.
- Non-permanent luggage racks, bike racks, or ski racks must be removed.
- Your vehicle must be prepared for the new climate. This may include transmission oil, engine coolant and other fluids.
Vehicle Inspection Requirements
- You or your designated representative must be present for the inspection at the time of pick-up and delivery.
- You or your designated representative must sign the bill of lading and condition report at both origin and destination.
- You or your designated representatives are responsible for confirming your vehicle’s condition. This must be done before the driver leaves the destination.
- Damage will be noted by our representative on the bill of lading at origin. In the unlikely event there is additional damage on delivery, it will be noted by our representative on the bill of lading.
Q: What types of vehicles can I ship with Alston Transfer?
A: We ship small, medium and large cars, small SUV’s, small trucks and select mini vans. We DO NOT ship motorcycles, ATV’s, snowmobiles, large trucks, oversized SUV’s or large vans.
Q:How far in advance should I schedule the transport of my vehicle?
A: We request that you schedule your move as soon as possible to insure that your car is moved within the time frame which best meets your schedule.
Q:How long does it take to ship a vehicle?
A: The average delivered time is 6 days from time of pickup. Vehicles are shipped the same day they are picked up. The truck your vehicle is loaded on will be the same truck that delivers it. Vehicles will be loaded once and unloaded once, helping ensure safer transit and greater savings!!!
Q:How do I prepare my vehicle for transport?
A:Here are the basics:
- Your vehicle should be clean for inspection at the beginning of your move
- You or your designated representative must be present at the time of pickup and delivery and are responsible for signing the inspection report at both pickup and delivery
- Advise us of any modifications made to your vehicle
- Make sure you have a phone number where you may be reached throughout the duration of your vehicle relocation
- Remove all personal belonging from your vehicle
- Your vehicle can’t have any obvious fluid leaks
- Alarm systems must be disconnected, disabled, or turned off
- Items that should be removed: wide mirrors, antenna (if possible), any loose parts or specialty items, your toll tag or E-Z pass, all exterior spare tire covers, grill covers, and non-permanent luggage, bike, or ski racks.
- Repair or seal any tears or open seams on convertible tops to prevent fast-moving air from causing further damage
Q: Where are the terminal locations?
A: In the Los Angeles Area 9591 Fontana BLVD, Fontana CA
In the New York Area 4250 Westside Avenue North Bergen, NJ 07047
Q:Can I ship personal items in my vehicle?
A:No. All personal items must be removed from the vehicle before shipping. We recommend that you ship your personal items via FedEx, UPS, or USPS. Under NO circumstances can the car contain firearms, hazardous materials, illegal substances, or contraband. We are not responsible for any personal items accidentally or intentionally left in your vehicle or for damage these items cause to your vehicle.
Q:What is the difference between a ‘carrier’ and a ‘broker’?
A: A carrier owns and operates their own fleet of vehicle transport trucks and manages an elite group of drivers, partner terminals, and partner carriers all of which are required to pass a rigorous selection process and monitoring program. A broker does not own or operate any trucks or employ any drivers. A broker may partner with carriers but they are motivated to find the cheapest carrier to perform your move. A broker will act as a liaison between you and the actual carrier and will be unlikely to get involved in the event your vehicle was damaged during transport.
Q:How can I make payment?
A:There is no upfront cost. Payment will be due at delivery, in the form of a cashier’s check, or money order. We do not take personal checks.
Q:Is my vehicle insured?
A: Yes. We are a Licensed, bonded and insured company with $1,000,000 in Liability Insurance and $250,000 Cargo Insurance.
Q:How do I track the shipment of my vehicle?
A: You can contact our Dispatch office at 1(928) 713-5767 with any questions, including the location of your vehicle.
Q:How do I know when pickup and delivery will occur?
A: Pickup and delivery times will be indicated on your quote and order confirmation documents.
Q:Do I have to be present when my vehicle is picked up and delivered?
A: Yes. You or your designated representative must be present at the time of pickup and delivery and are responsible for signing the inspection report at both pickup and delivery.